Designed by Pascal Garbe, a graduate of the landscape architecture school in Gembloux (Belgium) and project manager for the “Gardens without Limits” network within the Moselle Conseil Général, the Fruit Gardens in Laquenexy make up an innovative collection of gardens constructed around the idea of taste. They offer a delicious mixture of vegetable patches, lovely edible flowers and a variety of fruits over 14 areas, following on from one another and forming a nature walk that is full of surprises.
In particular, you’ll come across the Edible Flowers Garden, the Small Fruits Garden, the Herb Garden, the Senses Garden, the Curious Person’s Kitchen Garden, the Epicurean’s Kitchen Garden, the Squash Tunnel and also the Forbidden Garden.
Food lovers can prolong their visit by having lunch or a snack at the “La Pomme Bleue” restaurant. The chef provides original refined dishes based on vegetables, fruits and edible plants from the garden… Refinement and originality on the menu (booking recommended).
Dates d’ouverture & tarifs
- OPENING 2020
Gardens open from 28/03 to 01/11/2020 from Wednesday to Friday from 10am to 6pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 7pm.
Closed on May 1st.
Exceptional opening on Easter and Whitsun Mondays.
Full price : 5 €.
Reduced rate : 3,50 €
Free for under 16
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- GOOD TO KNOW
A restaurant open from Wednesday to Sunday only for lunch (reservation recommended)
Accessible to persons with reduced mobility
Access: Train to Metz (TGV, ICE or TER)
then bus TCRM, line 114 "Grange aux Bois/Laquenexy", stop "Laquenexy"
- 2020 EVENTS
- Sunday 12 and Monday 13 April: Easter egg hunt
- Thursday 21 May: Moselle Day (free admission, adult and children's entertainment on site)
- Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 June: Rendezvous at the Gardens (adult and children's entertainment on site)
- Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 June: Inaugural weekend of the new garden
- Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 September: European Heritage Days (on-site activities for adults and children)
- Friday 9, Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 October: Garden and Flavours Festival (activities and exhibitors from the world of gardens and local produce)
- Every Wednesday outside school holidays and until July 1st :
workshop for young people at 2.30 pm (5 € per child).
- During school holidays :
treasure hunt adapted to the season (1 € per child) + workshop for young people on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 2.30pm and 4pm (5 € per child).
Prior booking is strongly recommended (03 87 35 01 00) for all activities for young people, excluding treasure hunts.
- Every Thursday: workshops for adults at 2pm (30 € per person).
Prior booking essential (03 87 35 01 00).